The first thing to always remember with this beef is that it is very lean. It is always best to cook this beef at a lower temperature for a longer period of time.
1. Thaw Steaks
2. Peirce steaks multiple times on both sides with tip of steak knife.
3. Soak in brine for 24 hours:
Brine consists of:
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/8 cup of sea salt
1/4 of yellow onion diced
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of lime juice
3 tablespoons of balsamic or red wine vinegar
4 cups of hot water
Mix all ingredients and wisk together
4. Rinse steaks under warm water after brining.
5. Marinade for two hours.
Marinade consists of:
Two cups kansas city style BBQ sauce
4 tablespoons of Worchestershire Duck Sauce1/2 12oz beer of your choice
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Mix all ingredients and wisk together. Pour over steaks and cover. Allow the steaks to come to room temperature. We generally let them sit in the marinade covered for two hours.
6. Sear in a cast iron skillet on high temp for 30-45 seconds on each side.
7. Grill for 7-9 minutes at 275 degrees on each side. Remove and cover to rest for at least 5 minutes.
If you need to cook the ground beef quicker than normal mix a little bit of extra virgin olive oil with the burger.
The best way we have found to cook our roast came off of advice from a long known expert in the field of Scottish Highland beef. Take the roast frozen and place it into a slow cooker. Add water to the slow cooker almost to the top of the roast and then season to your desired taste. Cook the roast in the slow cooker on low for 8 to 10 hours and make sure you do not open the lid. Depending on the size of your roast and until it has completely separated from the bone, if it is a bone in roast. If there is no bone, you will see the meat start to flake apart, this is when you know it is done. Our roasts are 3 to 4 lbs and we cook it for about 9.5 hours.
All of our beef recipes on this site is made with our very own ranch raised beef. Feel free to submit comments if you try our recipes and let us know what you think.
2 lbs of Scottish Highland Gourmet Ground Beef
4 cans of Campbell's Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Large Package of Egg Noodles
3/4 pint of Light Sour Cream
1/4 cup of Worchestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. of Salt
1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
1/2 TBSP of Garlic Powder
1 cup of Ricotta Cheese
1. Brown ground beef with worchestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, & garlic powder while stirring frequently. Once the ground beef is browned, add the 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup, reduce heat to medium, stir frequently, and cook until bubbling.
2. Allow egg noodles to boil while browning the ground beef until tender. Drain the noodles in a strainer and return to pot.
3. Once the ground beef and cream of mushroom soup is bubbling, add to the pot with egg noodles. Add the sour cream, ricotta cheese and stir all until thoroughly mixed together and the sour cream as melted into the stroghanoff.
4. Serve and enjoy.
3 lbs of Scottish Highland Round Steak
2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 cloves of Minced Garlic
1/2 Medium Chopped Onion
1/2 cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tsp of Sugar
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
2 large Green Bell Peppers
1/4 cup of Cold Water
1 TBSP of Cornstarch
1. Set up your crock pot (slow cooker) and let it start heating up on low. Heat the olive oil over medium low heat and cut the round steak into 1/4 inch strips. Brown the round steak with the garlic. After the round steak and garlic has been browned transfer it to the crock pot without draining. Add the onion, soy sauce, sugar, salt, ginger, and black pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2. After the 6 hours. Cut the green bell peppers into 1/4 inch strips and add to the crock pot. Cook on low for 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour, mix the cornstarch and water together then stir into the pepper steak in the crock pot. Cook on high for 15 minutes. Stir frequently until thicker. Serve over brown or white rice and enjoy.
1lb of C & C Highland Ranch Ground Beef
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 Jar Marinara Sauce
2 C & C Highland Ranch Free Range Eggs
½ Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
2 Cups 5 Cheese Italian Blend Cheese
3 Cups Bread Crumbs
½ Tablespoon Garlic Pepper
1 Teaspoon Crushed Red pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a skillet, add olive oil, ground beef, minced garlic, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, and salt to taste. Brown the ground beef on medium high.
2. Peel the eggplant and slice into ¼ inch slices. Cover the bottom of an 8 inch square glass casserole dish with marinara sauce. Cover the bottom with slices of eggplant. Add half of the ground beef and spread over the eggplant slices. Top with one cup of Italian cheese blend. Add another layer of the remaining eggplant slices. Spread the rest of the ground beef on top and cover with the rest of the marinara sauce.
3. In a separate bowl, add bread crumbs and two eggs. Mix well together with a fork. Add sour cream, ricotta cheese remaining Italian cheese blend, garlic pepper, and crushed red pepper. Mix until well blended with a fork. Spread the mixture over the top of other ingredients in the casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, remove and let stand for 10 minutes. Then enjoy.